Sunday, September 30, 2007

I feel old...

Well, I did it. I turned twenty-five. I am officially one quarter of a century old. And it is eating away at me with every ounce of my being. Why is it that if two people are married that long, its an accomplishment, but I have managed to stay alive and out of jail or any major trouble that long, but its no big deal? A lot of people tell me I am so young, it's no big deal, etc., but I am genuinely taking it hard. I think all of my life, twenty-five has been "that age," where you are really an adult. And I still have no degree, no money in the bank, no retirement, nothing. Granted, I have a WONDERFUL hubby, baby, and friends. I have a home that I like enough to live in a while, and a fine job, but I just feel like I should be more accomplished by this age. Then I look at other people my age or older that do not have half of what I do and feel selfish and ungrateful. Oh, I did get to celebrate in style! Some of my favorite people joined me at the Twentieth Century Theater for the Josh Kelley show, and goodness was it fun! It was an amazing show, as we have come to expect from Mr. Kelley, but we also got to hang out with him and his band after the show! He sang me "Happy Birthday" twice along with another song, got a couple of autographs, and just watched them hang out and live life. It is nice to see such talented people who get done with "their job" continue to play, sing, and enjoy music even after the lights go down. All in all, probably the best birthday celebration ever, although the hardest one ever. Here's to enjoying the next two months leading up to the big #1 also!
Cheers

No comments: