Thursday, September 27, 2007

Pride

So as a lot of you know, my brother (in-law, but really just my brother) Matt just graduated from boot camp. I have never been "that person." You know the one that has the American flag up, or support our troops stickers, or even someone who believes the war is just. But after seeing Matt go through what he has the last eight weeks, and the pride he has, it made me so proud. He has become a polite, strong, wonderful man. And although I love him more than he probably knows, I feel even more close to him now. This is probably the biggest and best thing he has done thus far in his 21 years of life. In addition, he is going to start college classes. I feel like a proud momma seeing her boy grow up into a wonderful man. Heck, I am crying as I write this. And I am not a crier. Let's hope he doesn't see this. Someone still has to keep him in line, even if it means not telling him exactly how much he means to us. Although I think making him my best man AND naming my kid after him may give him a small inkling. Oh, and I have become somewhat of that person. I bought a "MY brother is in the army" shirt. And I am wearing it proudly. And frequently.

No comments: