Thursday, October 30, 2008

Lunch!

Here are some great lunch ideas. I have also found that telling the people I work with what I am doing ahead of time and also telling them I am packing all next week has helped create support and hopefully keep them from asking me if I'm ordering anything.
  • Klosterman white bread is safe, as is Kroger Organic whole grain bread. Just check the labels, because it can always change.
  • Add to that bread some lunch meat. Boar's Head has wonderful preservative-free lunch meat, as do other brands. I just like their Cajun turkey and Buffalo chicken.
  • Fresh fruit, fruit cups, etc. are all healthy sides that do not really need refrigeration.
  • If you have a freezer and microwave, Bird's Eye Steamfresh has single packs of corn, brussel sprouts, etc. They are nutritious and tasty. Meijer and Kroger both also have fresh varieties of steam-ready veggies. They are delicious with salt and pepper.
  • Kashi TLC version of Nutri-Grain bars are safe, and they are good.
  • We find it easiest to make lunch when we are making dinner the night before and go ahead and store it in the refrigerator. That way you aren't rushing in the morning, and you don't have to dirty too much more.
  • Again, Tyson chicken nuggets are OK, which are yummy!!
  • Ketchup, some BBQ sauces, some mustard is safe. This helps add tremendous flavor. I believe balsamic vinaigrette is OK too, which can be delicious on veggies or meat.
  • Vegan salad dressings are often ok, just watch the soy (soybean oil is safe.)
  • Chicken and stars soup is safe, as are several other canned soups.

We will be shopping tonight or tomorrow, and I will try to post any other ideas I can think of.

No comments: