Monday, October 27, 2008

The email I promised

This lovely email made me so emotional Saturday at work that I had to explain to my next client what was going on! Haha. Thanks, Jill! We are blessed to have you.

Hey All,I just felt like I should share what God initially put on my heart to pray for when He told me to fast for Wilson. I think it might be a good way for everyone involved to pray both in preparation for the Wilson fast and during the fast.
1. The obvious - that Wilson will be healed completely from all allergies & specifically food allergies

2. That Wilson NEVER feels a negative separation or isolation from others during the healing process (that sense of "I'm different" or "I'm bad" because I can't eat that...). I know he's young, but still...

3. That Wilson develops a sense of discipline and healthy regard toward food (one that I generally don't have and that most of our culture doesn't have). I feel like God is going to use Wilson in this area in the future even if he heals Wilson of his food allergies tomorrow. I feel like Wilson may be a nutritionist or dietitian or athlete or something that requires him to be extra thoughtful about what he eats (because he chooses to and not because illness forces him to).

4. I personally feel like God wants to show me that following such a strict diet won't kill me : ) He wants to show me that freedom and the good life exist through him and not through what I put in my mouth to gratify my flesh.

So, I encourage you to pray to receive that freedom through this fast as well. May we experience joy inexplicable as we give up some of our favorite foods.
I think those are the main points. Please let me know if God is guiding you to pray for anything specific as well... I am so excited for Wilson. He truly is one of my favorite little boys and I know Jesus delights in him, too!!!!
Grace & Peace! Jill


Again, feel free to add comments to my blog. I am going to print all of this stuff out and put into his baby book. I want him to know just how much our friends love him. Oh, and check hubby's blog. He will be updating this week too (honestly!) with recipes and helpful ideas.

No comments: