Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Silence

As part of our all-church journey, we are exploring things that consume us. Hubby and I have decided that TV consumes most of our time; way more in fact than other things. So this week, we are called to fast from television for seven days. This is so much harder than I thought it would be. When we go to sleep, we typically have the television on while we are laying there. Now, we sleep in silence. During the baby's four hour naps, I typically watch television. Now, I am playing on the Internet and about to start reading a book. It's odd realizing how we spend our time. Obviously, work and taking care of the baby consumes a lot of my life, but those are necessities. Those are things I am not fasting from. It's just weird to be sitting here, silent with only my ipod and myself. Scary. Very scary.

No comments: