Thursday, February 7, 2008

OH NO!!

Ok, first of all, it is SOOO early. I have been up since about five o'clock this morning. Which means that I am going to need a long nap today while booger naps. I have had a lot of anxiety this morning. Granted, I have lots of reasons to be stressed right now, but I need my sleep. This should explain a bit of the randomness of this entry.
A lot of you know that I have an obsessive addiction with a particular coffee company. I know that it is an expensive addiction, and I have been making it a home quite often to save money. However, I realize this simple little drink is causing a lot of money to go down the drain. A LOT. So I have decided to give it up. Cold turkey. Right now. I have been praying about ways we can pay down our MASSIVE piles of debt in order to be free of our debt and financial bondage. This is a big step. This is also a step in the right direction toward giving God all of me.
I realize it is only a latte, but it is more than that to me. I am working hard to be healthy, and working out. We were blessed with a membership to the YMCA for three months, and we are going to take full advantage of taht. We are being better about the foods we eat, excercising, and I am not giong to be fat anymore. I am going to be a healthy active mom for my booger. Does this mean I will not have dessert or my wine anymore? HECK NO!! But it does mean it will be less often. And cutting out this drink will help tremendously. Hopefully, we will be able to come up with the money to continue to pay for the YMCA so that we can continue our healthy journey. I realize that cutting back on coffee will help, as well as there are other ways to work out. We can walk around our neighborhood, swim in the summer, etc. I do feel more motivatied, though, because I know so many people that work out there and want me to succeed, and they want me to join them. It will give me motivation to get off my butt and be better for God, myself, and my boys.
Again, sorry for the randomness. It's early, and without caffiene, my brain may take a little longer to start.

4 comments:

youseedrybones said...

We tried to cancel the YMCA pass we had, and they let us know there is a financial assistance you can get. Just call them and let them know you are trying to pay down debts, and they will send you a form to fill out.
We did not do it because we just needed to make sure it ended, but you may be able to get a cheaper membership.
And I could not live without coffee, good luck!

Allison said...

I am SO glad that we went to Vision Night. I think it lit a fire in both of us that we really needed. I am super excited that you want to do GO Cincinnati. I love ya and I'll be praying for you.

heather honaker said...

YOU WENT TO VISION NIGHT?! i am so jealous. give me the scoop.

and yes, i love you. and i am proud of you. and i want to encourage you however i can. really. i do. and i will.

sending hugs! :)

velma96 said...

Good for you!! Jim and I worked really hard in the first 18 months of our marriage to pay off MOST of our debt - we're down to the house and my student loan!! :) It takes a lot of discipline and sacrifice, but it is SOOOOO worth it!! Just wanted to let you know there is light at the end of the "debt" tunnel!!