Sunday, January 27, 2008

Mommy

This word is something that means many things to many people. To many, its a term of endearment. To others, it brings on hurt, anxiety, and even fear. But to me, it is a term of love. When I hear booger say mama, it just melts my heart. It makes me want to be a better person, to try harder. Lately, I have been studying work and what it means to work. Last night, I was reminded that God is always there, even when I forget. When I am playing with booger, He is there. And we need to work hard to bring Him glory. It was such a sacrifice for Him to give up His son, something I could never imagine doing. This just reminds me that I need to enjoy the moments God is sharing with us. I need to be more grateful. I need to work harder, for my marriage, my son, God, and myself. I need to compromise more, work on my patience, and ask for wisdom. I need to be more reliant and stop depending on myself. I also need to slow down and enjoy the time I have with the baby because he is certainly not a baby anymore. But I am grateful for the time I have been given with him as a baby, and will do my best to cherish the toddler years.