Thursday, March 5, 2009

GI Follow-Up

Greetings, I come to you first in prayer that the God who is bigger than any of us has a plan. A big plan, because no one else seems to.

We have been working on the sweet potatoes, and Tuesday night, right after dinner, Wilson broke out into hives, as I posted. They went away, but at four o'clock this morning, we heard him coughing and crying, so hubby went in to check up on him, and found he had vomited and had a very high fever. We gave him Tylenol, then Motrin a few hours later when it wasn't going down. I just prayed for it to at least go down, then we started our morning.

This morning, my wonderful friend, Jessica, accompanied us to Children's Hospital for Wilson's GI follow-up from two months ago. Hubby had a very important meeting at work he wasn't able to miss, and her joining us was such a blessing and help, because it enabled me to talk to the doctor without worrying about his behavior (or his obsession with the phone in the offices or washing his hands one thousand times while he's there.)

Dr. Franciosi basically told us that he was quite certain Wilson should not be eating sweet potatoes, and he wanted me to call the allergist about it. He then proceeded to tell us that he is fine, we should be thankful for his size (36 3/4 inches and 35 lbs.) and not worry so much about the allergies.

*Mom time* This doctor obviously has never had to take a child with 15+ food allergies to a family dinner with absolutely no knowledge of how he was going to feed them and keep the child safe. He has never had to worry every minute of his day that someone ate an egg then touched him, causing anaphylaxis. But I have, and I know what that is like.

I also know that this doctor sees many many children that are much worse than Wilson and has many more issues than he does. But those are not my children, and fortunately for me, we are not in that circumstance. That doesn't mean I do not want to know what is going on.

So here it is. God, take it. Take my son in your hands and HEAL HIM. HEAL MY BABY. You are the only one who is able to do this. I have nothing without you and everything with you. Please use us, our story, our family for Your glory and Your good. I give up, it's all yours.

Blessings, friends. Thanks for the prayers.

2 comments:

Jill said...

your prayer is echoed.
amen

heather honaker said...

i think the most important thing you said in your prayer (yes, even more important than "heal him") was saying "take him." we have to GIVE God what we want to hold for ourselves. i learned that the hard way several years ago. i love you, and i love wilson. and i guess rick too. :) and i pray that He will heal wilson. but i also pray, as you do, that He will use this for something big.