Friday, April 11, 2008

Six years

Today is the sixth anniversary of the day my grandma died. She took care of me after my dad died, she lived with us for most of my childhood. I absolutely adored this woman and still hold her in high regard. And she's gone. I miss her dearly. Some days, I just want her to have met my hubby, to have seen my son, etc. When I was growing up, she would always say she just wanted to see me graduate preschool, after that was accomplished it was kindergarten. It continued on with each milestone until she was at my high school graduation. She died when I was in my junior year in college, and never knew I dropped out. My grandma had the highest hopes for who I would become in life, and sometimes I wonder if I live up to those.
Grandma was the first female mayor in Kentucky, and was mayor of a small town for many many years, until I was born. She retired to help take care of me, and did so full time for years. I truly believe I was a huge part of this woman's existence. She had one of those larger than life personalities, everyone knew her and loved her. I certainly get my outgoing personality (surprise) from her and my mom. I just miss her, that's all.
And it's super late, I'm super stressed, and it's that day. I just want to go to sleep and forget about everything weighing me down today. Sorry this is so down, I'll try to be happier next entry.

3 comments:

Shilo said...

Oh Punkin,
We all have those days...not worries. Its ok to embrace the tears that means you loved her a whole lot. It does get better. Love and miss you!

Jill said...

i'm glad you had such a wonderful grandmother... it is obvious she has impacted your personality greatly... and i am grateful for that :)

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Servidor, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://servidor-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.