Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Courage

The work courage can describe a lot of things. It could describe the police officer, soldier, or firefighter who wakes up every day, puts on their uniform and goes to work to protect us. It could mean the person who tells the truth even if they risk their job because they are standing up for what is right. Or someone who defends the honor of someone they don't know. But I am talking about moms. This is obviously something I am familiar with, so bear with me.

I have a good friend who is a single mom. She has family help, but the dad is over twelve hours away by car. At least he wants to help support them in some way, but essentially she does it alone. I have so much respect for single moms, they have to do everything alone. I know how hard it is and I am fortunate enough to have tons of help. (and I mean TONS!! Hubby is the best at helping me.)

I also have friends who have had enough courage to give up their jobs to be stay at home moms. I know for a fact that I am not designed to do this. Trust me, I have pondered it. I have to work, in fact I would work two jobs if I thought it possible. But these women have given up so much and the families have made sacrifices so that they can benefit from having a full time parent at home. I really and truly admire what they do, and they seem to love it. Watching what a particular friend does is astounding. She has children slightly more than a year apart. WOW!! One is nursing, another is walking. Busy mom and dad! What courage it has to even take them to the park, or for a walk. One is typically crying or needing something, and she seems to seamlessly take care of both their needs. Seriously, I don't think her hubby knows how lucky he is, because she is AWESOME!! I love going to the park with them because I am reminded how little patience I have with booger. Then I say a prayer for more patience with him and hubby.

So great job, moms!! Keep up the good work!

1 comment:

Jill said...

you rock, wilson's mom! i have snacks for you... when shall we meet? i just realized i don't have your email address...