Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Only because Jill asked me to...

Well, I survived. My kid turned one, and I only cried once. It is amazing. It feels like just yesterday I got the phone call telling me I was pregnant, and I called my hubby to figure out what in the world we would do with another person to care for. And now, he is walking. Not talking so much, but singing. A lot. He loves Josh Kelley the most, and keeps a tune rather well. He is certainly not my child. Looking back on the past year with someone very wise today reminded me that this year is something to celebrate, not to mourn. He is starting his second year of life eating wheat, along with table foods, drinking from a sippy cup, walking, talking, and is healthy. In addition, I have learned to trust God more in a lot of situations, although like most of us, I still try to grab control at times. I was told recently that God is testing my faith with his allergies. So I decided to let God have his way. Since, I have not paid for more than two cans of formula. AND he has outgrown some of his allergies. God is good. Oh, and I am officially avoiding the scale until after cinnamon ice cream season is over.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Thanks! So I'm a little bit nosy...