Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas!

So, this is not booger's first Christmas, but we are treating it as such. Last year, he was all of four weeks old. Thus, hubby and I are going slightly stir crazy waiting for him to wake up. We have my mom and my favorite uncle, along with (hopefully!) booger's godfather on their way over to watch him open presents and have breakfast. I am craving tradition right now, and I have no idea what is happening to me. Suddenly, I have (gasp!) purchased a Christmas decoration, and gotten as much into the spirit as someone who is working as much as I do is capable of. So today starts the tradition day. We will spend the morning here, and against my better judgement, go to my mom's for lunch about 2. Then we will go to my sister's like I have every year for the past 14 years for dinner. MMMMM, meatballs and spaghetti! I can not wait. I am still trying to decide when we are going to read the Christmas story and sing Happy Birthday to Jesus, since my family does not believe in Jesus, God, and the like. Esp. my uncle, and he gets very angry when we pray around him. But this is my tradition. So there. Peace, genuine peace today. Kiss your family and eat too much!

2 comments:

Allison said...

Merry Christmas! I hope it's been the best one yet!

Lots of love,
Allison

Jill said...

you guys can come over earlier than 7pm if you want to tomorrow... so our boys can play together (since justice goes to sleep so early). otherwise, we'll see you around 7. looking forward to it!